Saturday, March 17, 2012

Update March 17

It's been awhile since I have posted. I have been bad about keeping everyone updated here since I do it so much on Facebook then I am reminded that there are some that are some keeping track of things here that may not be on Facebook. So I will give you all on update then I am going to work on some posts that I have started and some that I need to get started on.

I had my last chemo March 8th. The previous time I had what they thought was a slight allergic reaction to the carboplatin, which is one of the drugs. The wanted to keep an eye on that since it's been known to get worse each time after that when it's given. So, guess what, had a pretty strong reaction to it this time around. My vitals stayed good, my heart rate went up a bit which is it be expected because it scared me a bit, well, a lot. They gave me some drugs to help with the reaction and my reaction to the reaction that pretty much knocked me out. I was still able to drag myself to Ruby Tuesday to eat at the salad bar, you know, you gotta do what you gotta do. They had stopped the carboplatin so I only received one drug instead of three. The last, herception they are waiting to give me more of because it may have caused some damage to my heart. I am having more testing on the 26th. It's a known side effect to this drug. Not sure yet if the they can medically reverse any of this damage so pray if you can. My next and hopefully last chemo is March 29th

 more info about herceptin here

If you want a chuckle go to that link and look at the side effects,  I have had everyone of those I think. It's like no kidding, I guess it doesn't give you cancer. I especially like this warning

Before receiving trastuzumab injection,
  • tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to trastuzumab, medications made from Chinese hamster ovary cell protein, any other medications, or benzyl alcohol. Ask your pharmacist if you are not sure if a medication you are allergic to is made from Chinese hamster ovary cell protein or contains benzyl alcohol.


    You really can't say they aren't look high and low for the cure for breast cancer 



     

No comments:

Post a Comment