Thursday, March 29, 2012

Last Chemo!

Today I had my last chemo. I have to apologize if this post seems disjointed. I do have some fogginess from the treatment but feel really good.

We got some GREAT news. There was no heart damage due to one of the drugs I was taking. There is a decrease in my heart function but not below the normal range and it should reverse. So I will be able to take that drug and keep up on the heart scans. Heart problems are the only side effect and we have a great Dr. whom we trust to keep a good eye out on it all. We don't feel like cattle being moved through there. And one of the best pieces of news.... since I was just getting one chemo drug today, I can skip the Neulasta shot which really took me down each time I had it.

I feel good. Shawn, one of my besties and I went out to eat at Carlos O Kelly's, (I did skip the Margaritas) then back to Seward for pedicures and shopping for clothes for the kiddos! Also found a cute cute hat for me and some cute clothes for Zane. I am resting now and hope that the rest the weekend is as smooth. We are doing great on meals and hopefully can spend some quality time with Kailey, Zane and Darin.

Thank you for all your prayers. How did I know that you were all praying? (besides you telling me!) When Shawn and I stepped out of the car and said our see yas, we turned around and the pair of doves were on the electric line by the house. I tried to take a picture but they flew away. So God heard your prayers for me and for others. He wanted me to tell you that and that He loves us all very much. He can say a lot with no words. I also love you all too!

Also wanted to add that last month, right before my previous chemo, I was working Klu, the gelding I had an accident with last summer. I of course was nervous at times wondering how he would act. He as super, going to be the horse I have always hoped he would be. And it will be ok, because many days when we went on a walk to cool off after a good workout, the doves were right there in the trees next to the round pen and flying in front of us as we walked.

Then while at my last appointment, my platelets JUMPED up out of the anemia range with no treatment, either meds or supplements.

So I don't have proof of HOW it happened but I don't need it. Always good news when I see those white birds flying around. This is why..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auNe5Hm5KnU

Call On Jesus Nicole C Mullen
I'm so very ordinary
Nothing special on my own
Oh, and I have never walked on water
And I have never calmed a storm

Sometimes I'm hiding away
From the madness around me
Like a child who's afraid of the dark

When I call on Jesus, all things are possible
I can mount on wings like eagles and soar
When I call on Jesus, mountains are gonna fall
'Cause He'll move Heaven and earth to come rescue me when I call

Weary brother, broken daughter
Widowed, widowed lover, you're not alone

If you're tired and scared
Of the madness around you
If you can't find the strength to carry on

When you call on Jesus, all things are possible
You can mount on wings like eagles and soar
When you call on Jesus, mountains are gonna fall
'Cause He'll move Heaven and earth to come rescue you when you

Call Him in the mornin', in the afternoon time
Late in the evenin', He'll be there
When your heart is broken and you feel discouraged
You can just remember that He said, He'll be there

When I call on Jesus, all things are possible
I can mount on wings like eagles and soar
When I call on Jesus, mountains are gonna fall
'Cause He'll move Heaven and earth to come rescue me when I call

When I call on Jesus, all things are possible
I can mount on wings like eagles and soar
When I call on Jesus, mountains are gonna fall
'Cause He'll move Heaven and earth to come rescue me when I call




Do you remember the last post about Zane talking to me about Jesus saving him if a dinosaur steps on him? And then this song comes to mind as I am writing today. I truly believe the Holy Spirit is guiding Zane for me and probably to be truthful in spite of me.

Thank you Lord Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment